Sadly, the warm sunny days of summer cannot last forever. Replacing the warm temperatures soon will be the crisp feeling of fall. The change of season does have one positive effect though, now is the perfect time to hit the stores. Between sales geared towards back to school shoppers and end of season sales now is a perfect time to stock up. If you are in the market for a larger purchase like a new car, the end of the summer is a great time as it is also the end of the model year for many of the major manufacturers that sell in the United States. During your car buying journey, you may want to stop by route 22 Toyota to see their stock.
Shopping for the family
The approaching school year and the new clothes that come with it are not the only reasons to go shopping as the summer comes to a close. Expand beyond the kids and take some time to find the items you want! If you are trying to stay on a budget while updating everybody’s wardrobe, at least a little bit, below you will find some tips to help you accomplish both goals at once.
- Buy a piece at a time. Don’t feel like you have to buy everything at once. Spread out your purchases as items may be on sale at different times.
- Shop on a Thursday night. Department stores like to hold special promotions that can run from Thursday to Sunday. Take advantage of the first night to get the best selection.
- Start planning now for next year. If you have already completed or are nearly done with your school shopping for this year, start saving for next year.
While much of the focus of shoppers in late summer is likely going to be on the looming start of school, don’t forget to look outside. There are likely going to be some items you have wanted to purchase for your home and yard, but the prices may have been out of your budget during the summer high season.
- In much of the country fall means it’s time to prepare your property for the coming chill of the winter months. However, it is also a good to buy a new lawn mower as end of season sales will often yield a good price.
- Did your grill call it quits? Go find its replacement now for fall tailgates and an early jump on summer 2014 preparations.
Check the Driveway
Is your car making it clear that it will soon need to be replaced? The end of the summer is the perfect time to go look for its replacement. The end of the model year leaves buyers in an intriguing position as they may gain a deal on a new model while grabbing up a steal on last years. During the process, drop by route 22 Toyota to see what they have in stock.
The end of summer is a sad time for many. However, for bargain hunters it’s a great time to get out there and stock up for 2014. Next summer will be back before we know it so stock up now and you’ll find yourself ahead of the game when the time comes.
Carl Brown is a car enthusiast who enjoys revamping antiques, turning them into masterpieces. He also enjoys volunteering at his local children’s hospital.