As important as it is to take care of the inside of your home, it’s almost as important to take care of the outside of your home as well. Keeping the exterior of your house in shape and your yard tidy is essential to maintaining your home’s curb appeal. Not only is the curb appeal important to your personal enjoyment of your home, but also to the value of your home. The more curb appeal your home has, the better chance you have of attracting potential buyers if you are looking to sell. Additionally, there’s also the feeling of pride associated with having the house with the most curb appeal in the neighborhood! The following are a few different ways that you can achieve a picture perfect home with its curb appeal.
- Exterior of the Home – Your home is going to have very little curb appeal if the home’s exterior is run down and dilapidated. First of all, is the color of your home out of date? Neutral colors tend to be the safest colors to use, since neutral colors never go out of style. Even if you want to keep the old color of your house, you may want to throw a fresh coating over it if the paint job is beginning to wear out with age. You’ll also want to take a look at the roof. If you have a shingled roof, be sure to replace any broken shingles and repair any other damages.
- Windows and Doors – Old windows and doors often show their age, which means replacing them is a great way to improve your curb appeal. There are plenty of options regarding the front door, which means that you can add a little personality to your entryway design to give it a unique look – from choosing a bold color to flanking the door with a pair of elegant light fixtures. As an added bonus, newer windows and doors tend to be much more energy efficient and more difficult to break in when locked as well.
- Porch – A porch is not only a great way to increase curb appeal, it’s a great way to enjoy the exterior of your home as well! If you’ve put in a lot of work to maintaining the exterior of your home, you might as well take advantage of it by having a porch to enjoy it form.
- Fence – A fence not only divides your property and provides an added safety feature to your home, it also helps visually unify the lawn and landscape of your home with the architecture of the house itself.
- Lawn – Make sure to take good care of your lawn. This means keeping it from overgrowing by mowing on a regular basis. Be sure to go through it and pick up litter regularly as well, whether it’s dead leaves and twigs or random gardening tools.
- Landscaping – Landscaping is an important part to boosting your home’s curb appeal. Landscaping consists of everything from trimming bushes and trees to planting beautiful flowers to add color to your property. You should also consider lawn irrigation, such as sprinklers, to help keep your landscape healthy and growing throughout the year.
Use these tips to help you improve and maintain your home’s curb appeal.