Buying groceries as well as household goods can be expensive, in addition to being time consuming. Having to go to the grocery store every three or four days to stock up on certain items can get tiring. This is why buying in bulk is such an excellent option. Buying in bulk allows you to not only buy a larger quantity of one item, thereby guaranteeing that you won’t have to restock on that item for quite some time, but it can also save a lot of money. Items that you buy in bulk end up costing you less than buying that item as an individual purchase. The following are a number of items worth buying in bulk.
- Cereal – Cereal tends to be expensive when bought as an individual box. More often than not, you can blast your way through an entire box in as little as a week, especially if you have an entire family to feed in the mornings. By buying cereal in bulk, you can save almost 50 percent of what you would have paid had you bought the same amount of cereal individually. Cereal is also a dry food that will last a long time as long as it remains sealed. The only drawback? You may get tired of one brand of cereal.
- Dried Pasta – Pasta is an easy meal to make, and dried pasta can actually last up to two years as long as it’s in a sealed container! Whole wheat pasta can save you around 20 percent if bought in bulk.
- Toilet Paper – You can never have enough toilet paper. Even when you buy a pack that has a dozen rolls in it, you’ll always come upon the day where you need a roll and you’re all out. It may be one of the most annoying situations you can get yourself into. Buying toilet paper in bulk can net you almost 50 percent in savings, and you’ll never be in a situation where you need toilet paper that you don’t have again.
- Office Supplies – It probably seems like you’re always out of some kind of office supplies, whether it’s pens, staples, paper clips or anything else. Buy office supplies in bulk so that you don’t spend the better part of the day searching through drawers and sofa cushions for that elusive paperclip.
- Diapers – If you have a baby, then you know how important having diapers is. And guess what? You’ll be changing diapers more than you think! The absolute last thing you want to do is end up a few diapers short when you need them most. Saving money by buying in bulk is definitely a benefit, but making sure you have diapers when you need them is probably the biggest concern.
- Toothbrushes – Toothbrushes are somewhat expensive to begin with, which means that buying in bulk will save you some serious coin. However, one of the other advantages of buying toothbrushes in bulk is the fact that most people don’t change their toothbrushes until the nine month mark, when really, dentists recommend you change it every three months. Having an extra supply of toothbrushes means you can change them more often, thereby improving your dental hygiene.
Save both time and money by buying these items and more in bulk.
Brielle has just recently started using coupons and buying things in bulk. Because this has saved her so much time and money, she needed to share it with others.