You want your meeting to be a blockbuster hit. You want it to enter corporate lore. You want it to be mentioned on the corporate grapevine. And you want it to spawn a fan following on all social networks.
How can you ensure all this?
1. Choose from eco-friendly meeting venues that are impressively equipped with solar panels, wind turbines, rainwater harvesting facilities and other energy-saving knick knacks. A green venue will help your company project itself as an environmentally-aware organization that is proactive in discharging its responsibilities to the community. A green venue will get you some press coverage too. Just make sure you talk a bit about your venue every now and then.
2. Focus on the icebreaker moment. The icebreaker moment must happen at the start if you want your meeting to be successful. So, spend time to conjure up this moment. If it works well, your meeting will turn into a factory that churns out motivated and skilled attendees/employees.
3. Your schedule must have enough space for attendees to explore the local environs and culture. They will learn something new about the place and its people and then talk about their unique experiences for the rest of their corporate life. So, ensure that you choose an interesting venue that has some quirky elements.
4. Double- and triple-inspect the venue. Figure out the best areas for placing the signage. Pace the meeting room and check for obstructions. Always inspect meeting venues by posing as a third party, not as the customer. That way you will be able to carry out an unbiased inspection.
5. The conference package must be very informative. The attendee must know what to expect and the conference materials must give him a blow-by-blow account of what’s coming at him. That way he’ll be well-prepared and happy, which is what you want him to be. Remember, your job is not just inspecting and choosing meeting venues, it also includes keeping attendees well-prepared and satisfied.
6. Post-meeting, send a thank you note to every attendee. The thank you note must contain the high points of the meeting, the lessons learned, the twists, turns, and the humor of the meeting. Such thank you notes will revive the nostalgia in every attendee and they will look forward to more such experiences.
These tips will help you plan a meeting that remains embedded in every attendee’s mind for a long, long time.
The following blog post is presented courtesy of empowerMint.com – a meeting planner’s websitefor finding meeting centers via the local assistance of a CVB (Convention & Visitors Bureau) destination authority. Browse and do a comparison of over 125 locations and simply submit 1 RFP to numerous places.
Make Your Meeting A Cult Classic,